Skip to main content

Weekend Extravaganza

I've been a busy bee this past week/weekend. Last week I went to Six Flags Great Escape in New Jersey with my friend, Jay. Jay also took me to the Adventure Park at the Discovery Museum in Bridgeport, CT. Its basically this obstacle course through the trees...I was a big baby about it. I'm not afraid of heights or anything, I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS, but when you're climbing through trees on a tiny tight rope or other crazy contraptions it gets a little scary. And of course there were kids younger than me whizzing right by, but they have been doing it for a while and that day was my first day. I'll probably try it again, if they have one closer to my hometown or I'll go visit my friend in CT again, because it may be scary, but I was hooked in the whole time and I should really conquer my fears and not let it win.

So that was my adventurous week, and then it got into the romance category. My best friend since I was 8 years old is getting married in October, so we had her bridal shower on Saturday. It was a brunch at 10 a.m. I got her a bride sweatshirt from Victoria's Secret and I wrote her and her future hubby a poem. (All the girls are also paying for her hair and makeup on the big day.) It was a great day, even though I was late to the shower due to my oversleeping after staying out until 3 a.m. the night before - but that's another story :(. She was super surprised about the shower and wasn't expecting it. She was the glowing bride to be and not even close to being a bridezilla. After the shower, we had another surprise in store for her - a gathering of guys and girls at her parents house - something that her future hubby and his friends would enjoy as well. It was a great time and went off without a hitch, except for the keg not being able to be tapped, but we got a new keg and no one knew the difference. Again the bride to be and her fiance were surprised when they walked into a room full of family and friends - her sister told her they were having a small dinner with the family, but the family is 4 people not almost 40 or more.

Needless to say, I was the only person in that house without a boyfriend - except for her younger cousins who are in high school and just starting college. It's not that I want a man, it's just that times like this it makes me wish that I had someone to love like they do, someone to make me happy like they are. But it'll happen eventually, I'm not too worried about it.

Love Story
Your love is a love story
No need for words
A smile, a wink , a touch
Will suffice.
Your love is what inspires
Filled with happiness and understanding.

Everything happens for a reason.
There may be ups and downs
Give and takes
But together, you both can conquer anything.

Your love is a masterpiece.
You may see imperfections
But with everything else
Perfect is what you are.
Your heart
Your soul
Your love forever and ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Last night I watched Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close , the 2011  film starring Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock and newcomer Thomas Horn. I knew the film was going to be about September 11th, but I was not expecting this - a 9 year old's journey through New York City to find the lock to a key left by his father who died in the World Trade Center, is what the previews said, but it was a lot more than that. It was a sons struggle to find himself and cope with the loss of his father in his own way. Not only does he meet many different people of different backgrounds, but along the way he realizes that his father left him one great life lesson and that he can make it on his own without him. It could have done with more mother-son time, because Sandra bullock is barely in the movie, but I think that was the point. The son didn't need his mother, though she was there, in the background. He knew she was there and so did the viewer, but not until the end. The major role definitely goes ...

Shadow of Night

So I finished the book Shadow of Night ...it was amazing! I can not wait until the third installment comes out and I hope that its soon. The character development of Matthew and Diana is great. Throughout the book they find out more about themselves and each other, even though they are decades in the past. Matthew, because he lived in that time period, has to revert back to his old ways and the reader can see how different was in the past compared to the present. When time traveling, you learn that you are not supposed to alter time. Matthew and Diana left an important mark on Elizabethan London and the rest of history. Historical figures come and go throughout the book, such as Christopher Marlowe, Walter Raleigh, Queen Elizabeth and a brief mention of William Shakespeare. Diana was there to learn more about her magic, but only developed her power towards the end when a surprising character appears and helps rid her of her fear of magic. There are plenty more characters in the book, ...

Witchy Tiaras

I'm almost done with Shadow of Night ...I won't give a run down of the book until I'm done, so instead I'm going to discuss a little show called Toddlers and Tiaras - some may be aware of this show as it has been on for a few years now on TLC. I watch this show on a regular basis - 1. Because I can't help watching a train wreck happen 2. Because there's nothing else on and reality tv can be pretty entertaining 3. I can't understand how some parents can put their children through something so grueling and cruel as a beauty pageant. Now, you may think that because I watch the show I condone this sort of behavior and in turn I am one of the many viewers that keep shows like this on tv. But, let me explain a little bit. My mind works in ways that make it attracted to things that I can not explain or understand - for example I'm fascinated by the Holocaust, beauty pageants and witches, vampires and werewolves (not the Twilight kind either). Beauty pageants ...