Just finished reading the last book in this trilogy by Deborah Harkness. If you like witches and vampires - and I don't mean the sparkly kind - you should definitely pick up this series. It's not just about fictitional creatures, but about love and politics and the struggle to survive in a world that doesn't understand the differences between people and culture. And for Diana Bishop, who struggles with keeping her career as a historian separate from her powers, learns along the way that she is who she is and she shouldn't change that at all. I love the characters in this book and the story that it holds. And it all began with A Discovery of Witches.
I am currently reading the new Amy Tan novel. I have a strong love for books about World War II, the Holocaust and Chinese Folklore. I grew fond of Amy Tan after watching the Joy Luck Club, and all of her books are just as amazing and her storytelling abilities are something I aspire to be.


Comments
Post a Comment